Vision & Mission
What is MPCC’s vision?
We believe that the primary focus of the church is not what happens in a church building, but it is believers in Jesus Christ who are scattered across the community who are: “ . . . Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us” NIV, 2 Corinthians 5:20
Our Vision In Focus
- Our vision is to focus on the building of relationships with God, with our fellow believers, and with others whom we have the privilege of sharing and showing the love and grace of Jesus Christ
- Our vision is to see, through our Cell Groups, a balanced out-working of the purposes that Jesus Christ has given to His Church
- Our vision includes a commitment to prayer, combined with a faith that is grounded in the Word of God as found in the Bible
“Where there is no vision, the people perish” KJV, Proverbs 29:18
“Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint” NIV, Proverbs 29:18
Our Vision In Change
- Our vision is to follow the continual guidance of the Holy Spirit in “making the most of every opportunity” and in order to “understand what the Lord’s will is” NIV, Ephesians 5:16-17 in the changing times in which we live
- Our vision is to follow the continual guidance of the Holy Spirit in helping to meet the changing spiritual and material needs of people
What is MPCC’s mission?
We exist as a church in order to bring people to Jesus and MEMBERSHIP in His family, developing them to Christ-like MATURITY, and equipping them for their MINISTRY in the church and life MISSION in the world, in order to MAGNIFY God's name.
The Great Commandment
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. . . . Love your neighbour as yourself" NIV, Matthew 22:37; 39.
The Great Commission
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you" NIV, Matthew 28:19-20.
MPCC’s mission is based upon the five purposes that Jesus Christ gave to His Church.
- To “love the Lord your God with all your heart” is WORSHIP
- To “love your neighbour as yourself” involves MINISTRY
- To “go . . . make disciples” means EVANGELISM
- To “go . . . baptising” is to incorporate into FELLOWSHIP
- To “go . . . teaching them” means DISCIPLESHIP
Therefore, MPCC's Mission
- is to WORSHIP God by knowing the Lord and learning to love HIm with all our heart, soul, mind and strength
- is to WORK for God by discovering and using our God-given gifts and abilities to do the work of ministry of loving and serving others in the name of Jesus
- is to WITNESS for God by building bridges of friendship with the purpose of sharing and showing the Good News of God's love with others
- is ONENESS with the family of God as we develop friendships and trusting, accountable relationships, praying for each other, sharpening, and encouraging one another through our oneness in Christ
- is to WALK with God in obedience to His Word, growing in Christ-likeness as we learn to live out Biblical truths